Monday, November 07, 2005

Somebodies got a case of the Mondays!

Hello everyone! What a beautiful day! I had a wonderful weekend! Darryls parents came up and we had a great time! Friday night I gave them a tour of the house with furniture in it (since they came with us to the second viewing of the house) and then we settles in and watched a movie and drank (A LOT). I was talking to his mom and I guess I was about to put my hand underneath my head to lean on and I smacked myself right in the face, at this point I was hammered so I kind of had an excuse but it looked really bad.

Saturday we went out shopping and had a great time. We went to a green house and got some bulbs to plant for next year, some tulips, dafodils, and other flowers I have no idea what they are called. Also some plants for the window I have in the kitchen, that are very cool looking, one looks like chili peppers on a plant and they are all bright yellow, orange and red. Let me just say this though, I do not have a green thumb at all, I have never gardened, ever. I have whatever is the opposite of green thumb. But, I did realise that I want everything in my house to look nice including my gardens so I am going to give this 110%. I told Darryls mom that I am going to have to have her on speed dial while I am planting the bulbs..lol! We were going to plant them on Sunday together but it was raining and poopy the rest of the day, so I am on my own. After the green house we went to Costco which was the first time that Darryls mom had ever been so she was like a kid in a candy store. Needless to say I think we almost bought the place out and everyone kept looking at our cart in amazement of how full it was and how we kept managing to fit more stuff. Once we were done there we headed over to Chapters and we got a book of these number puzzles that we are addicted to. I am going to try and save some of them to do while we are waiting for the plane in Cuba.

The rest of the night was spent cooking dinner and putting up the merchandise that I had bought for the house. It took the guys the rest of the night to figure out how to put the chandeleir up but it looks awesome. Darryls mom being the sweetheart that she is made us chicken core don bleu (I have no idea how you spell it) and put it in the freezer for us so we could just pop it in the oven whenever we wanted to have it for dinner, she is so thoughtful. It is so great because I am always in a hurry and have a billion things on the go and working half of the nights so its nice that I just have to pop it in the oven with no preperation.

Sunday we spent the day lounging around and talking, they left at about 2pm. Then me and Darryl hopped over to Walmart to pick up some shampoo and light bulbs since our new light fixtures left us short. I was very suprised to see these new high efficiency light bulbs that save you approximately $110 in hydro a year and last for up to 7 years. Sounds like a deal to me! For the rest of the night we just cuddled and spent some quality time together which was really nice.

Ooooh AND I bought new glasses at Costco 24 for 12.99 and they are so nice! Plus when I got home Darryl wasn't mad at all. (I have a thing for buying glasses and it drives Darryl nuts)

My title is from Office Space, if you have not seen it, you have to! Its hilarious, especially if you have ever worked in an office environment. I want the new set that came out so bad!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darryl's parents sounds awesome. I can't wait to meet them!

Lo

Stolenswan said...

Getting drunk with the future in-laws, huh?

Jesus, you're classy.

Hey one time I was LOADED at Darren's place, and I was talking to his Mom about all of his sketchbag friends, lol.

I'm classy too.

cutiestar said...

lol yeah, me and his mom get drunk together all the time, she is really cool.