Monday, November 21, 2005

The awards show is coming!!

This weekend was nice and quite and I think it was just what I needed. Darryl and I got to spend a lot of quality time together which was nice and much needed. Saturday I stayed home because my damn car wouldn't work as I posted earlier, then my mom came and picked me up and took me to my hair appointment. I was pretty disappointed because my hair stylist told me that I couldn't put highlights in my hair at the same time of dying it because it will turn blonde. That is the same thing that happened last time and if the hair stylist I took it to then had just told me what would happen I would have come back later. We decided to just go with the dark brown for now and I would come back just before my vacation to put the light brown in it. As soon as my appointment was done I had no ride so I decided to walk up to a restaurant and grab some fries since I hadn't had anything to eat yet that day. It was kind of nice going into a restaurant, my hair freshly done and just sitting by myself. Whenever I went to a restaurant and I saw those people sitting by themselves I always felt so bad for them like, they must be so lonely. Although people were looking at me it was nice being there by myself and it was relaxing.
After I was done my fries I paid my bill and went to a pool hall that attached to the restaurant and I played a video game until Darryl came to get me. My mom had a tree trimming party that we had to attend that night so we quickly went to Canadian Tire to get a new battery for my car, got something to eat for Darryl and went to my moms. Darryl played chess most of the night with Darren and I sat with the ladies talking. By the time we left it was 11:30pm and I was beat. As soon as me and Darryl got home we thought we could sit and watch some tv before bed, about two minutes into the show we were both falling asleep and decided to go to bed instead.

Sunday my mom picked me up to go out shopping for stuff for next weekend. We went to the best dollar store we have and practically bought the place out. It was a lot of fun being able to buy that many things and only spending $20 and it was nice to just spend some quality time with my mom. Darryl spend most of Sunday working on my car and is going to spend the earlier part of today working on it before he goes to work. Hopefully it is just the tune-up and battery that is the problem and I will have wheels tomorrow.

I am a bit nervous about the get together we are holding next weekend. Since we have had the house I have entertaineda maximum of 10 people and that involved ordering pizza and drinking which is pretty easy but now this weekend there is going to be 25 people that I have to entertain...eeek! I am really worried about the food ie not having enough but I am going grocery shopping with my mom tonight and she is Portuguese so I think she will make sure that there is enough food. I have almost everything ready, the only thing that may not work out is tables, my mom says that her work may not have enough which means we will all be sitting on the floor...teehee. I am sure we will figure something out but I am really worried about it. I am also worried that I wont have enough time to prepare for it, tonight I am not working Tuesday I work,Wednesday is the awards show, Thursday I am hopefully working and Friday night Darryls parents might be coming up and I wont be able to clean in front of them. My house isn't messy its just the thing you want to do right before company comes over like vacuum, and wash the floors and dust. I don't want to do most of this too much ahead of time because with Darryl home during the day it probably wont stay spic and span. My Uncle Mario called me personally last night which I was really surprised to tell me that he could come and my Aunt Marie yelled in the background that she will be bringing her potato salad..lol gotta love her! So I am at least relieved that I have a concrete guest list and I know who all to prepare for.

On to my work day! Ciao all!

No comments: