Monday, November 28, 2005

Can I go to bed now?

Here I am back after a LONG weekend. I think it seemed a lot longer then it actually was but I think that is becauseI was so busy and not sleeping that much. I was up until 1am cleaning, not that my house was THAT messy I just wantedto clean the floors and pledge and windex everything and that is time consuming. My mom of course came over on Fridaynight and wanted me to scrape the putty off of the basement floor...umm I don't think so! I have enough crap to do without having to do something that stupid.

Shortly before everyone came up I noticed one of the walls was peeling in the basement due to water damage. Freakinlovely! After we noticed that we also noticed it on the same wall upstairs in the laundry room. We payed around $300 foran inspection and we have lived there for a month last Monday so I think they should be able to do something about it. Hetold us that there was no water anywhere in fact there was even less then normal. All I know is if it is the roof that is goingto be a huge job and not fun considering winter is upon us.

Friday night my mom took me out to do some last minute shopping, I went out three times that week and everytime I forgot windex. There was also a two day sale on at Canadian Tire and that is where I wanted to get Darryls present so I had to go there. I took a taxi and met my mom there and she told me that everyone was in line for this item that I wanted since it was only on sale from 6pm to 7pm. She had her hand on one and could not leave or else she wouldn't getone. It was so crazy, there were line ups everywhere and it was so crowded around the main sale items that it was almostimpossible to get through. My mom had to share her cart with two other guys that were buying the same thing and onewas nice enough to help my mom in her car with it.

Saturday was hectic it seemed like I had nothing I needed even after the many trips to the store and things like sage and onion that I never cook with my mom just assumed I would have and I didn't. Then of all things I didn't have a potato masher and that never even occured to me. Everyone seemed to love dinner and had a good time. I put Christmas crackersat each place setting and a little three pack of fererror rochet with the place setting of who was to sit there at each seat.I was really happy because it seemed like everyone loved the Christmas crackers and everyone was wearing their crowns.

Sunday when everyone had left Darryl and I were kind of sad, it went from absolute craziness in my house to a completelyempty and quiet house. Darryls mom wrote us a beautiful poem that I started balling. At the end she called me her daughter and that is really what did me in. I have felt guilty ever since because I never gave her a hug, I am so akward with that kind of thing and I asked Darryl if he thinks his mom will be upset because I never hugged her and he said no butI still feel bad. We never hug so I didn't want to weird her out by hugging her but at the same time I wanted to, know whatI mean?

After everyone had left I was still really in a Christmassy mood so we went to the mall to browse around and Darryl endedup looking for some new lugs since his are pretty much done. We have been looking for some that looked like his old onesfor probably about a year with no luck but we went into Champs and finally found them. They were having a buy one get the second pair for half price so Darryl said I could pick out some shoes if I wanted. I picked out some K-Swiss shoesand asked the saleperson for a size 9 (yes I know I am a saskwatch), he came back a couple of minutes later saying, "we only have an 8 and a half"
me, "oh that wont fit"
salesperson, "do you want to try it on anyway"
me, "no"
saleperson, "well it might fit"
me, "no it wont"

I think this kind of pissed him off but hello I am either a size 9 or 10 dont try and tell me almost a whole size smaller is going to fit me. It ended up that I found these really nice Nike Airs that looked really similar to the K-Swiss shoes that I had picked out and they have some cute little silver parts on it.


Aren't they cute? These aren't identical to the ones I got but you get the idea.
On our shopping day I also got a cute little hat with ear flaps, it was only $9.99 and there is another one I wanted to get but I am going to ask for it for a stocking stuffer or something.

No comments: