Thursday, December 15, 2005

Where is AMerica's Funniest Home Videos when you need them?

America's Funniest Home Videos really should have been there this morning as I was trying to get the HUGE Christmas present that I got Darryl out to the car. First off I realised that the one I got him he wont like so instead I am going to take it back to the store and get the name brand one that he will like instead. Let me first say that this thing is REALLYREALLY heavy. So I get this wheel dolly thing that my mom bought me and put it at the bottom of the steps outside my door so that I can pick up the present, carry it down the steps and onto the wheel thing. Well I got back inside the houseand try to pick up the present and there is no freaking way I am going to get it to the door nevermind down the steps.So I go back outside grab the wheel thing, bring it back inside, put the present on top of it and shimmy the wheel thingdown the steps without the wheel thing sliding out or the present. The walkway is filled with snow and in case you didn'tknow pulling wheels through the snow is not the easiest thing imaginable. I finally get it to the car, I open the trunk and then pick up the monster and try to get it in the trunk, barely getting it to the bumper where I had to rest it and then takeit the rest of the way into the trunk. Then of course it gets stuck on this little piece that covers the trunk and I am trying to move that out of the way while still holding on to the present so it wont fall. I finally get it into the trunk and the trunkwont close, well that wont do while I am at work. I decide to try to get it into the back seat....HA! The car door wont open enoughto even fit it partly in the car, so my only choice is the passenger seat. After a lot of lifting and pushing and swearing itis in the car, lock the door, close it. I go back inside to get my gingerbread men I am having for breakfast, my egg nog,purse and lock the door. Juggling all of this I get into my car and realise the fucking box is covering the gear shifter and mycup holder that I need for the egg nog. So I put the glass of egg nog on the floor in the back seat praying it doesn't fall over, get out of the car and over to the passenger side to fix the beast. Again a lot of pushing and prying and moving the seat as far back as it will go, I get it moved over and also in the process I get my pants dirty. Right now I am cursing my bf..lol. I can't reveal what the present is because with my luck the one time he reads my journal would be this entry.

Hopefully the rest of my day is less challenging, which I doubt because I have to bring it back and then get another onebought and out to my car.

No comments: