Friday, January 13, 2006

Happy Friday the 13th!

For all of you who are keeping track to my hectic schedule (rolls eyes) you know that I should have had my first guitar lesson yesterday. Well the night before at about 10pm I was tuning my guitar to make sure it was ready to go for my lesson and I broke one of the strings. I was telling one of our students how it keeps going out of tune all the time and he thinks that the strings I got with it are just cheap. I am going out tonight to get two packs of fender ones so hopefully they work better and I can replace all of the ones on the guitar now and then have an extra set in case that happens again. I was originally going to go to my lesson anyway and just buy some strings from them but apparently they don't sell any so I had to cancel my appointment. It figures I also cut all my nails off my left hand too and now I could have had them on for a week longer. I have a week to get all worried again, wahoo!

Right now we are getting a new phone system put into our office so I am just waiting for him to run the wires and then tell me I will have no phone or internet until he is done.

This weekend Darryl is going away for a hockey tournament, I am going to miss him like crazy but he should have a good time. He doesn't get to spend enough time with just the guys so he totally deserves it. I am a little worried because oneguy that is married picked up some chick and slept with her last year and they had another girl stripping on top of a table and screwing two guys in front of everyone. I totally trust him but there is the little devil on my shoulder that makes me worry even though I know he would never do anything like that.

So, this weekend its just me. I have been trying to plan what I want to do. I got my gst cheque and since I am REALLY due for some new bra's I am going to go to the mall and check out the sales they have there. I am thinking about finally taking a bath in my beautiful ensuite tub, and doing a face mask and watching chick flicks. I also really want to go to the movies and maybe out to a bar with my sisters. I am also probably going to see what Sammy is up to since him and his gf are on the rocks I might see if he wants to go out or something. I was also going to call my friend Gravy but he was an ass to me last time I spoke to him so it looks like he gets no Jackie visits.

I really want to see Memoirs of a Geisha but, since its a chick flick and Darryl wont be home I thought it would be the perfect time to go see it. I also want to get some stuff to start scrapbooking. I really want to scrapbook our house warming party, my birthday, and Cuba and my mom got me a scrapbook for Christmas so I just have to get the stuff to do it and I will be good to go. Oooh! Maybe me and Valerie could do that this weekend!

As you know I have been meaning to start cooking and try out some new recipes and I did!
Yeah me! On Tuesday I madesauteed shrimp, devilled eggs and ceasear salad and then last night I made easy cheesy chicken, devilled eggs (Darrylloves eggs) and roasters. The chicken wasn't that great, the outside sauce I didn't like (Darryl thought it was good) but the inside was very bland. Atleast I know now and I can go on to try another recipe instead. I found this really good sitehttp://www.allrecipes.com/ and all you have to do is type in the kind of dish you want to make be it, chicken, beef, low-carb and then it will bring up a whole bunch of recipes. Other users of the site then grade that recipe between 1 and 5 stars and give their opinion or what they did different to improve the recipe. I really like it and I plan to go on their and put my review for the shrimp and the chicken.

No comments: