Thursday, February 16, 2006

Happy Un-Valentines Day!

I hope everyones Valentines Day was as good as mine. Originally Darryl and I decided not to do anything for Valentines Day since we get eachother treats all the time and always express how much we love eachother, plus we had just bought a home gym . Instead, I come home after work to all of the blinds in the house closed (they are never closed), I open the door and all the way up stairs leading to the ensuite is tealight candles all lit. I walkup the stairs and into the ensuite to find a bubble bath with rose peddles in it and candles all around the bath. While I was relaxing and reading a bookin the bath Darryl made me a delicious steak dinner. After dinner he gave me a beautiful white gold promise ring, and said a little speech making me cry.
This weekend I am having Laura up and I am so excited!! I am going to make chicken lasagna for the first time for dinner on Friday and then Saturday for lunch I am going to make chili and fresh bread. I am really worried since it is the first time I have made both of these but she is family so she willunderstand if it is crap. Tonight I am going to go grocery shopping for the things I need for the lasagna and then I am going to prepare it tonight so thatall I have to do tomorrow is pop it in the oven. We are going to go to Costco on Saturday, then go snow tubing and go out for dinner at night. I can't even wait. She is supposed to be coming up early tomorrow and I just know I am going to be counting down the hours until she gets here. Plus I have never been snow tubing so I am super pumped about that AND it is going to be the first time I get to wear my new snow pants so I am stoked about that too..lol I know I am a geek.
As soon as I went out to the car to start it and then start brushing it off this morning it started making a loud banging noise. I turned off the car immediately, brushed all of the snow off and figuring that I was low on oil I pop the hood, check it and sure enough. I went into the garage get the oil and fill it up, then as soon as I started my car it sounded much better. Now I have soaked socks but atleast my car is happy. So now I am at work withmy socks drying on the heater and trying to keep my feet warm by putting them under me, not being very successful might I add.
The whole gym is now put together and it only took him three days. I have to say it was very complicated and he did a really good job at putting it alltogether. Originally when I told him I wanted it put together before Laura came up I wasn't sure if he was going to be able to do it. I can't wait to useit.

No comments: