Monday, May 08, 2006

Come away with me in the night..

Well Friday I lost my job. Yes I got laid off, because I was at work every single time I posted and they track which web sites we go on I didn't want to post about how horrible it was there or how badly I was treated, and that everyday I wondered if it was going to be my last there.

Friday the guy that does all of the firing came in at about 8:30am which is not totally unusual because he also does a lot of traveling and stops in on his way from campus to campus. The minute he walked in I gave one of my trainers the scared look that said, its been nice working with you. So he said to him, "you know you have to stop dropping by you are starting to scare people, to which mr.fireman (isn't that clever I just thought of it now?) said, yeah I know.

While he was talking to my instructor one of the girls got a group message on yahoo and asked me if I got it, it was about the owner and some managers being away the following week, I told her that I did not and that set off the warning bells in my head. They didn't send me the message about them being away because I wasn't going to be there and the fireman was here, so put two and two together and I am going to be in the unemployment line come Monday.

My instructor tried to talk to him as long as he could hoping that if he was just here for a visit he would leave soon. Soon my instructor ran out of stuff to say so he went to get some breakfast, as he was about to leave the fireman's cell went off so I wispered to my instructor what I thought was going to happen so he said call me later and left.

The fireman came over to talk to me and the phone kept ringing and I kept getting busy, which is really unusual for a Friday. But then when it finally quieted down he had tears in his eyes and said, "well Jackie they sent me down here....and I hate to do this....but it's nothing against you they said you are a great person and you are great at your job but they need someone who is also good at sales".

I knew it was comimg so I wasn't really shocked but I was still devastated though. I tried to grab everything that I had brought there and leave everything that was theirs. It was horrible shaking like a leaf having him watch me to make sure I left all of the keys and didn't take any company property.

The funny thing about it all is that they took my sales away about a month ago so I was no longer in charge of sales. Hmmm got "laid off" for a job I don't even do...weird.

Hope your luck is better then mine! Have a great day!

No comments: