Monday, May 15, 2006

I'm not dead after all!

You'd think with all of the time I have had on my hands that I would write a lot more often. I haven't really had too much to talk about other then I have been looking for a job and working on the house. I haven't had any interviews yet which really sucks but I am going to keep trecking.

Its 8:19am and I am sitting at my desk alone thinking, I know its been a dangerous past time but I think I need it. I am trying to figure out what I want to do as a career. I have the opportunity to go for training for something else or take a junior position in another field but I don't know what. I bought this book called what color is your parachute, it is supposed to be a good book to help you figure out what career you would be best at.

I really enjoy human resources and I have a lot of office experience but no HR experience what so ever. I was thinking about taking a couple of accounting courses so that I would be better equiped to try and get a job in HR but I don't know. The only company that would hire me with no work experience in human resources would be a small company or as a junior hr. Now a junior hr gets your foot in the door but it pays like crap, and now that I have a house and bills to pay I need a job that pays well so it would mean I would have to get a part time job as well.

I have also thought about getting a couple of part time jobs for the rest of the summer and then get a good full time position in September.

I have no idea what to do but what I do know is that I am going to get some resume's together and start handing them out at the businesses around my house so that if I do get a position at one of them I would be able to ride my bike there and save on gas.

In other news my sister just moved into her house on Friday, I am so happy for her! There is nothing like buying your own house after years of paying rent to the man. It is a really nice house and just the perfect size for her and her bf. We were lucky the rain held off enough on Saturday they we were able to move all of the stuff that had to be moved that day without getting very wet.

I am going over there tonight to sleep over and have a slumber party. Chingy is going to dye my hair for me and we are going to stay up watching movies I think, then tomorrow we are going to get up and move the rest of the furniture with my moms cube van from work. I think she will definately be relieved when everything is put away and in its place and she can relax.

Thats it for me, have a great day!

No comments: