Monday, May 01, 2006

Love...true love

I was talking to my sister about what to write about for a post and after giving me a bunch of ideas I decided to write about my first love. For me, this is a hard thing to write about because I am really not sure who my first love was. I remember when I was in public school whenever I had a boyfriend I would write Love, Jackie at the bottom and vise versa but I really don't think I knew what love was at that time.

Then I had a boyfriend in highschool that we always said I love you to eachother and again I really don't think I knew what love meant. I think it was just a novelty to love someone. We did spend every waking moment together and I did have very strong feelings for him. When we broke up I was heart broken and didn't get over it for months and of course in highschool its even harder to get over someone because of how everyone knew you as a couple. Hmm maybe that was love. Well I will tell you about this one and then lead into the next one that definately was love. We were friends but hewas kind of geeky looking and even though he asked me out several times I said no everytime and he continued with much persistance. We hadn't really talk all summer because of me turning him down right before the beginning of school that hurt him so bad that he ended our friendship. We had a nutrition class together that we were both taking for an easy credit and lack of anything else to take. During that class we started being friends again and then eventually he asked me out once again, once again I turned him down and he again ended our friendship. I always kind of got made fun of for hanging around him but I didn't care, he was nice and funny and thats all that mattered to me. The end of our friendship was really hard so I gave in and said I would go out with him. After six months of "going out" he told me in a computer room full of people that he wanted to break up, that he was miserable and he couldn't stand it anymore. I was heart broken but in the end I knew it was for the best since we were having a lot of problems.

Now during this time when I was having problems, right near the end actually Lo Lo introduced me to her boyfriend at the times best friend. He was in college so I thought that was really cool. She told him I was 18 since him being 20 and me being 17 would just not go over well. We started writing eachother back and forth once me and the previous boyfriend broke up. We started to get to know eachother through e-mail and I found myself looking forward to his e-mails everyday and skipping class to talk to him on yahoo. The ex and some of my friends start harassing me at school, making fun of me constantly, sending me harassing e-mails just generally making it hell to be at school. During this time the new love interest got really supportive and helped me learn to ignore the taunts and to not care about them. Soon we started dating and I fell in love with him quick, he was in college, had a car, moved here from just outside Toronto. A couple entries back I spoke about how this one ended but as was the last one it was for the best.

Even though I was heart broken at the end of both of those relationships I moved on to bigger and better things each time and each time it was for the best and I don't regret those relationships at all. With each one I learned a lot and don't know what kind of person I would be today without them.

There is only one happiness in life,to love and be loved.
- George Sand -

To the world you may be one person,but to one person you may be the world.
- Bill Wilson -

No comments: