Thursday, July 06, 2006

Its been forever since I have done an entry of "you know what I hate?!" so here I go:


You know what I hate?! When people waste my time with dumbass interviews. Yesterday I had an interview about 30 minutes outside out town in bum fuckville which sucked but they told me they were going to be opening a office in my city in a month and I would only have to commute until then. Sounds good to me. So I get there and there is this girl I trained at F-Shop that looks like complete trailor trash (they told us to go casual and she was dressed up). She has her kids and her husband in the car, says to me, " it was fun finding the place eh?" to which I kind of laugh and say yeah (I had no trouble finding it). Then she speed walks ahead of me to the door and begins kissing ass. So anyway I just roll my eyes and think, whatever. I get into the house where the candidate will be working for no more then a month and it is a mess, I have to watch where I walk so that I don't step on anything. Trash bag continues to go on about how horrible it was finding the place and how her directions were crap (right to the girl) and I am thinking yeah go on, you are only making me look better. So she takes us both into an "office" to tell us about the job and then interview us seperately. The office was a mess first off AND it had a toilet in it. Trash bag was late so the girl interviewed her first which I think is wrong, I mean if you make the employer wait you should have to wait too, I on the other hand was right on time. So she asks me to take a seat outside the room and gives me a pamphlet to look at. I go out of the room and take a survey of the room I am supposed to sit in and think hmm......where am I supposed to sit. Every couch had a ton of crap on it, so I walk over to one and gentle push the depris over so I can sit down and begin reading the pamphlet to which I find a mosquito carcass inside...mmm...nice. I am ultra impressed at this point, how I had to take 4 hours off work, miss 4 hours pay, drive an hour and a half there for this bullshit waste of time. Then she interviews me and tells me the even more impressive news, I would have to work one night a week, alternating weekends, it would be part time and I would get $10/hr. Four strikes right there. The thing that kills me even more is if they had mentioned that in the ad I wouldn't have applied, what was the sense in lying and wasting mine and their time. I don't mine the drive, working nights or every other weekend but, I am not taking a $3.50 pay cut to drive the same distance and work less hours.

There is my rant, have a great day!

No comments: