Thursday, November 30, 2006

Hoorah for me!

Well I got a job which is one of the reasons why you haven't from me in awhile, that and I am a lazy ass. I have been working the afternoon shift at a warehouse so my days have consisted of eating, working, sleeping and trying to recover from the previous days work. I originally thought that the change of pace would be cool and it would be nice to have a change of scenery since I have never worked in a warehouse before but, now I think I have had enough and I am ready for my comfy office job again. Anyone out there want me? teehee.

The job is very fast passed, and really hard. I spend most of the day running my ass off and stressing about the millions of boxes I am behind. Basically what I do is work in front of a board that says what box I am supposed to fill and then there are a whole bunch of lights in front of product that will turn on and tell me how many I need to put in the box. Now I have probably about 4 or 5 boxes behind that one and a lot of the product I have been getting lately is suctioned in boxes making it extremely hard to get out of to put in the box and very time consuming. After almost a full week of doing this job I have three blisters on my feet and millions of cuts and cardboard burns all up my arms. Let me just say when I get paid I have worked hard for every cent.

My old job still hasn't given me my last cheque or my vacation pay which is extremely frustrating I don't have time nore should I have to chase after them. I believe there is some sort of labor board or something I am supposed to call but really I wake up around 1pm, I work at 4pm, I have to make dinner, eat and clean up, when the fuck do I have time to chase after people to do what they are supposed to do in the first place.

Oh and the hydro company was nice enough to inform us that something is broken on our meter and we have until January 17,2007 to fix it or we will no longer have hydro, yeah us!

No comments: