Thursday, January 25, 2007

My name is Jackie and I am a bum

Day one through three of being unemployed were very busy and fun. Day four so far consists of me yelling at a guy from Girls Gone Wild (don't ask), being hung up on, and talking to my two sisters one hungover and one with a headache both are not rare for either of them.

I went to my first wedding show last weekend with my maid of honour and one of my brides maids and it was a lot of fun. It was nice to be the center of attention with our group, we were there for me, the decisions were mine to make etc. Christina won a chocolate gift basket and was nice enough to give it to me. My new three pounds and my tummy must thank her. The chocolate was actually in a really nice basket that I am going to use in my bathroom in the future. For the most part I saw some nice cakes and sweet ass limo's but nothing new really, and I really think because we were in the city that everything is going to be much more expensive so I can't wait to go to the local one in a couple of weeks. Since I have been going to some bridal shows I have also been looking at some halls and talking to a caterer. I know its still really early but I want to know a budget and how much I need to save.

The drive on the way there was interesting, I opted not to take the 400 so the back roads were barely plowed, it was so cold the inside of my windows were frosted and after being scraped kept re-frosting, my windshield washer nosel was frozen, making seeing difficult on top of the bad roads. Then we can't find the road we need so I do a youie to go back to the highway I know and almost get t-boned.

I have an interview tonight, I am not getting my hopes up because I don't think it will pay the wage I want. I almost feel like calling them and asking what the wage is to save our time but if it is a good rate then I may have ruined it for myself so instead I will just wait.

1 comment:

Stolenswan said...

Hey! I'm not aaaaaalways hungover. Sometimes I drink and feel perfectly fine in the morning.

Today just doesn't happen to be one of those days.

Which reminds me, when we're out? Fast food. Oh mama