Tuesday, January 02, 2007

wholey almost a month

There is this girl I sit with at work that drives me insane, yet entertains me somehow. When we first met she told me all about her parents splitting up and about her problems with her mom within the first couple sentances we said to eachother. Then she told me that she loves Green Day and is absolutely obsessed with them, now this strikes a chord because I love Green Day. Now I am not the biggest fan ever but it annoys me that she is a fan because she is a fake jump on the band wagon fan. I have been a fan ever since Dookie and to some fans that isn't enough and well thats fine. She has been a fan for about a year now. About 6 months after the American Idiot cd when they got big everywhere.

Then she tells me about this guy that her mom is setting her up with, cool, sounds good and then she tell me that he says he is going out with his friends for a couple of drinks and that is why he can't e-mail her that night, and she says, "I hope he isn't an alcoholic". OH MY GOD, guys can go out socially and drink without being an alcoholic. This girl is 26 years old and acts like she is 18 I swear.

Then she tells me she had a relapse over the weekend and thsi is why she is upset and I was thinking oh my god was she a drug addict at one point or an alcocholic? No, she is talking about smoking, smoking is a really bad addiction but I wouldn't call doing it again after being quit a relapse, I use that word for really serious things like heroine or alcohol addiction. So now everytime I talk to her it is about her smoking just like a teenager would be with a new cool habit. "I was on the way into work this morning in my moms car and I don't want her to find out so I had the window down on the highway and the wind kept blowing my cigarette out", " it was almost the end of break and I had finished my cigarette so I was really trying to hurry and suck it down", like fuck my lungs are pink, I am not going to run out of breath at work and I wont start hacking up a lung all the time, I really don't think its cool that you are smoking.

But it entertains me in a way because she talks non-stop not requiring any sort of answer so I can just sit there during break half listening half laughing about the comments she makes, relax and not think about all the problems in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How you still find her amusing, I'm just don't know.

Lo