Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day!

I totally got uplifted today when I read Internet Lovers post, she thanked all of the men in her life and how they had been thoughtful or nice to her lately and it was just nice to read someone being optimistic and happy on a day like today. It always seems like the people who have a significant other look forward to today and are happy and the single people are bitter. I made Darryl some cupcakes last night and made him a huge dinner consisting of pancakes, eggs, pemael bacon and some toast. Plus I had little heard cookie cutters and an I love you one so I cut a couple of pancakes with them. Plus tonight I am going to be making salt beef for dinner which he loves. He probably wont be home until 4 or 5 in the morning but he will still appreciate it then.

I have been being very crafty lately and taking time to smell the roses if you will. I have been doing some scrapbooking and thinking about the good ol' days and I tried to teach myself crochetting again but tried is the key word. I thought if I looked up lessons online it would remind me how to do it again but no such luck, so I am going to have to hunt Laura down and make her teach me.

I am in love with Norah Jones lately, I cannot get enough of her music. I normally go to Youtube.com everyday and listen to Thinking About You while I get ready or surf the net. I really want to get her cd but the other song I heard from it I am not a big fan of so I am torn. I have bought a couple of really crappy cd's lately and I don't want to buy another one.

Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet, thanks for the mention and kind words about my post :)

Sounds like you went all out for Darryl, I'm sure he enjoyed everything you did for him. How very thoughtful of you hun.

I go through phases of Norah Jones. She's fabulous isn't she? Can't say I've crochetted anything since I was about 10 years old lol I've a close friend of mine who's mad on scrapbooking though, it seems to be a huge thing sweeping the nation the last couple of years!

Stolenswan said...

Liiiiiiiisten not all single people are miserable during this stupid goddamn holiday.

*uncontrollable sobs.......eats entire contents of fridge*